Cod Liver Oil is a kind of fish oil rich in nutrients and is being derived from the livers of cod fishes. This is something that is available both in the form of oil and capsules. There are multiple cod liver oil benefits that you can expect from this exceptional nutritional supplement. Studies have also revealed that ingesting cod liver oil of 1 to 2 teaspoons each day can aid in preventing serious diseases like diabetes, cancer musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, high cholesterol and kidney problems, according to reports on BBC Online.
This is very rich in several nutrients just like:
- Vitamin A which can help in maintaining a strong immune system. It can also help our bodies in resisting viral and bacterial infections and is also good for healthy skin and eyesight.
- Vitamin D that helps in maintaining healthy and strong bones.
- Omega-3 fatty acids that are rich in inflammatory properties that can help in relieving the arthritic symptoms, improving the function of the brain, reducing stress, preventing allergies, relieving asthma and helping with behavioral and learning disorders like bipolar syndrome.
- EicosaPentaenoic Acid or EPA which is good for our cardiovascular system and it can also help in reducing inflammation all over the body. It also works as natural anti-depressant.
- DocosaHexaenoic Acid or DHA is another kind of fatty acid that is essential for achieving a good eyesight, healthy skin as well as nervous system.
Facts about Cod Liver Oil Benefits
Cure for Arthritis - Just a small amount of this kind of fish oil can help in preventing arthritis and can also supply some relief from the pain brought about by arthritis. Daily dosage is 1- teaspoons and if you use capsules, just follow the indicated directions.
Cure for Muscle Pains and Aches – Muscle and bone pains are two of the foremost symptoms that you have vitamin D deficiency. Many people who have low levels of vitamin D are experiencing significant leg pains and they also have difficulty to climb stairs. Several studies have already showed that 1-2 teaspoons of the cod liver oil every day can increase the levels of vitamin D in our body which can aid in improving the strength of our muscles and reducing muscle pain.
Cure for High Cholesterol – Included in the various cod liver oil benefits is the fact that it can lessen our body’s bad cholesterol. The best remedy here can be achieved by intake of 1 to 2 teaspoons of it every day.
Helps in Preventing Heart Diseases – Daily intake of cod liver oil, preferably 1-2 teaspoons, can significantly improve the function of the heart which helps in prevention of heart diseases.
Cod Liver Oil Benefits also has the ability to improve the conditions of the heart following a heart attack and heart surgery. This is due to cod liver oil’s omega-3 fatty acids that alter the artery linings so that healing will be improved after the damage. Vitamins A and D with Cod Liver Oil Benefits also play a vital role for facilitating absorption of mineral, improving the function of the muscle and supporting the blood vessel’s elasticity.